Meet the Planmeca ProMax® 3D family
Planmeca ProMax® 3D is a product family consisting of exceptional all-in-one units.
With three different types of three-dimensional imaging – as well as panoramic, extraoral bitewing and cephalometric imaging – these intelligent products can meet all your maxillofacial imaging needs.
Unique 3D combination – an industry first
We’re the first company to combine three different types of 3D data with one X-ray unit. The Planmeca ProMax® 3D family brings together a Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) image, 3D face photo and 3D model scan into one 3D image – using the same advanced software. This 3D combination creates a virtual patient in 3D, helping you with all your clinical needs.
Solve the challenge of movement artefacts with Planmeca CALM™
Planmeca is the first company in the dental industry to introduce motion artefact correction, Planmeca CALM™ (Correction Algorithm for Latent Movement), to end users. With this new algorithm, patient movement during CBCT acquisition is no longer a reason for retakes. Planmeca CALM™ will not only save time for clinicians but also guard patients from unnecessary exposures.
The algorithm works with all volume and voxel sizes. Using it will add only 30–60 seconds to the overall reconstruction time. Planmeca CALM can be applied after an image has been captured, but it can also be selected preventively before exposures. This ensures that volumes are automatically corrected already before they are accessed in the Planmeca Romexis® software.
Pioneering Planmeca Ultra Low Dose™ protocol. An even lower patient dose than in panoramic imaging
Planmeca ProMax® 3D units offer a unique Planmeca Ultra Low Dose™ imaging protocol, enabling CBCT imaging with an even lower effective patient dose than standard 2D panoramic imaging. This pioneering imaging protocol is based on intelligent 3D algorithms developed by Planmeca and offers a vast amount of detailed anatomical information at a very low patient dose.
Ultra low dose images are ideal for many clinical cases, such as:
- Postoperative and follow-up studies in maxillofacial surgery
- Orthodontics: Localisation of unerupted or impacted teeth, Detection of facial asymmetries, Defining orthodontic landmarks for cephalometric analysis
- ENT studies: Sinus imaging, Airways measurements
- Implant planning
Planmeca ProMax® 3D family Key features:
- Ideal resolutions and patient dose levels that always comply with the ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable) principle
- Optimal volume size and location for every clinical need
- Special imaging protocols for dental and ENT applications
- 2D and 3D with one sensor
- 3D Face Photo
- 4D Jaw Motion tracker
- 3D Model Scan
- Effortless patient positioning and unmatched comfort
- True all-in-one X-ray units not only for 3D imaging, but 2D panoramic and cephalometric imaging as well
- Easy to use for a smooth workflow
- Planmeca Romexis® software
- Mac OS and Windows support
Planmeca Romexis® - software for all images
Planmeca Romexis® is an advanced, easy-to-use software suite providing a rich set of tools to meet the imaging requirements set by any dental facility – from a small clinic to a large hospital. It supports the most versatile range of 2D and 3D imaging modalities.
Ease of operation
Our Planmeca ProMax® 3D units are known across the world for incredible ease of use and exceptional patient comfort.
A relaxed patient means a smooth imaging workflow and the best quality images.